The is a clearing area for materials, comments, results related to the GCNS project.
Comments, contributions or materials to add? Send an email to the person listed and/or richard.smart(at)inaf.it.
Here we provide the original A&A paper Draft.
Frequently asked questions: FAQ.txt.
Download the full dataset by running this command:
wget -r -np -nH -e robots=off -R ‘index*’ -I GCNS https://gucds.inaf.it/GCNS
(On a Mac ” wget -r -np -nH -e robots=off -R index* -I GCNS https://gucds.inaf.it/
or are available from the Original subdirectory in this open directory
The 10pc Sample
A subproject of the GNCS was the production of a 10pc catalogue.
The data is included in the GCNS tree or can be found in this subdirectory
Here is a nice summary of resources related to the 10pc catalog by Kevin Jardin.
A flythru of the 100pc sample (youtube link)
A three way view of orbits: top view, side view, mid view, all 3 together
A inforgraphic with the improvement by Gaia: GCNS numbers
The app GCNSFly (Description, WebLink), with scripting possibilities (Description, Example, WebLink) .
A nice poster showing the Solar Neighbourhood (highres version) with explanation.
- Gaia Data release schedule: https://www.cosmos.esa.int/web/gaia/release
- ESA Gaia Outreach: https://www.cosmos.esa.int/web/gaia/dpac-outreach
- ESA GCNS Story: https://www.cosmos.esa.int/web/gaia/edr3-gcns
- Kevin Jardin’s 10pc resource page: https://gruze.org/10pc/resources/
- Videos related to the GCNS: youtube
- External discussions of the GCNS: Anton Petrov